Maybe my idea or use case I came up with was weird and it’s my fault in general but I battled the problem of passing a parameter inside the AAD B2C policy for over a day with no progress at all.
I tried docs, StackOverflow, I’ve read all conversations in Azure Advisors which could give me a hint how to handle it, I cloned the AAD B2C Samples repository and searched it thoroughly.
I’ve applied every combination I found but still my policy was either throwing errors (some handled gracefully, some not) or it was utterly ignoring my efforts to make it do what I wanted it to do (doing nothing or passing the claim resolver ‘code’ as an actual value, completely unresolved)
The breakthrough was sudden and a bit unexpected as I was slowly starting to think there might be something fundamentally wrong with my tenant. I’ll leave my solution for your future reference, maybe it will save someone’s time.Continue reading “AAD B2C Quick Tips: query string parameters”